Dear Club Members
Improve and Enhance Your Running Ability and Fitness – Personal Training with Val Place
Following the success of previous years, we are pleased to advise that this summer we will again be offering a course of training sessions aimed at assisting our members to improve and enhance their running ability and fitness. Please see full details below.
These sessions will take place over a period of 3 weeks this year and will be held on the Monday evenings of 11th, 18th and 25th July at 7.15 p.m. – 8.30 p.m. at the cricket pitch behind Limpsfield Church of England Infant School (on the A25 opposite the junction with Kent Hatch Road).
Val Place, who is a member and Personal Fitness Trainer (credentials provided below for information), has kindly agreed to take these sessions again this year.
ACTION: Please respond by 4 July to secure your place on this year’s course.
The sessions will include the following:
- warm ups
- power sessions / partner work/ running style hip position / cadence
- hill sessions hill respects
- circuit for knee strength/ abdominal and core strength
- strength i.e. lunges/ squats/ isolation /Bulgarian squats
- intervals – sprint and endurance
Some of Val’s recent achievements:
- Full Ironman consisting of: 2.8 mile open water swim, 112 mile cycle and full marathon (July 2015) 1st in age group
- Full Ironman World Champs Hawaii (Oct 2015) 12 in world sgd group
- European Olympic Distance Triathlon Championships, Turkey June 2013 – 3rd bronze medal
- World Champs Triathlon, London 2013 – 16th (age group 50-54)
- Half Ironman challenge, Fuerteventura – 16th overall lady, 1st in age group (50-54)
- World Aquathon Championships, Hyde Park 2013 – 12th in age group (50-54)
- World Champs Triathlon, Beijing 2011 – 8th in age group (50-54)
- Completed 10 marathons and numerous half marathons from 1981 to date.
The cost will be £5 for all 3 sessions per person – which is a bargain(!) – payable online in advance to the Oxted Runners account (please see ‘Payment of Fees’ in the membership section of the website or by pressing a £5 note into the hands of Jane, Wendy or Simon.
This is subject to there being a minimum of 20 members signed up by Monday 4 July for these sessions to go ahead. Please let us know if you (and any guests) would like to come as soon as possible. We already have about 6 people signed up.
Please let us know if you have any queries, otherwise we look forward to hearing from you.
The Oxted Runners Committee