CLUB RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
By becoming a member I agree to:
From 25th May 2018 the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into affect. To comply with this regulation Oxted Runners requires an applicants consent to hold, share and use the data provided for the activities arising from Club membership.
Oxted Runners members contact details will be shared with the Limpsfield Club. This is because Oxted Runners usual meeting place is the Limpsfield Club premises and to make use of their clubhouse membership of Oxted Runners automatically includes membership of the Limpsfield Club.
Oxted Runners contact details will be shared with England Athletics. This is an England Athletics requirement for all affiliated running clubs for their administrative purposes.
I hereby apply for membership of the Oxted Runners. I declare that i am:
- Over 18 years old (the Club does not admit runners under 18 years of age)
- Fit to run and have disclosed in the boxes below any medical or other conditions that could affect my ability to participate safely in club activities. I understand that some club activities may not be suitable for me.
* What is meant by a vulnerable person?
The Association Of Running Clubs defines this as:
- Needs assistance by reason of mental, physical or learning disability, age or illness
- Is unable to take care of him or herself or unable to protect him or herself against significant harm or serious exploitation which may be occasioned by the acts or omissions of other people
England Athletics defines this as:
Any person who
Why does the Club not admit vulnerable persons to membership ? As a Club, we are committed to offering membership to the widest possible range of runners, as long as they meet our running standard. However, we are a small club and work on an informal basis, with run leaders selected from those members running on each Club night. All our run leaders are experienced runners, but only some of them have completed the training and checks necessary for leading runs whose participants include children and vulnerable adults. Our overriding concern and duty is to provide a safe environment for all our members. Regrettably, this means that at present we are unable to accept applications for membership from children and vulnerable adults. We will continue to keep the situation under review.
- Is aged 18 years and over
- Is, or may be, in need of Community Care services because of learning or physical disability, older age or physical or mental illness
- Is, or may be, unable to take care of themselves, or unable to protect themselves from harm or exploitation by others (England Athletics)
By making this application, I understand that:
- Running, road running and trail running involve a degree of risk. I will not hold the Oxted Runners Club, its committee members, or its other members liable for any harm or injury which I may suffer while, or as a result of participating in club activities. Neither will I hold them responsible for any loss of property.
- I agree to notify the Oxted Runners' Committee of any changes in my health that could affect my ability to participate safely in club activities.
- I will automatically become a member of the Limpsfield Club.
- Membership is at the discretion of the Oxted Runners' Committee and can be withdrawn at any time.